Michael J. Mestayer, a Professional Legal Corporation, is a New Orleans-based law firm dedicated to helping people who are recovering physically and psychologically from serious accidents. Mr. Mestayer has more than 40 years of experience winning clients fair compensation for medical bills, missed income and other losses stemming from their injuries. Our entire team of personal injury attorneys work tirelessly to obtain optimal results through forceful negotiations and, if necessary, in litigation.
During a career spanning more than four decades, Mr. Mestayer has recovered just compensation for clients injured through a wide range of causes, including:
- Auto accidents- The firm assists motorists and pedestrians who have suffered harm from an auto accident due to the negligence of others, helping them obtain damages for medical bills and loss of income.
- Medical malpractice- Our legal team litigates medical malpractice claims against doctors, hospitals clinics and other health care providers for harm done to patients.
- Nursing home abuse- Mr. Mestayer works to hold assisted-living facilities like nursing homes to their duty to treat their residents with respect and to adhere to appropriate standards of care.
- Slips and falls- Residential or commercial premises can be held liable for slips and falls and other accidents caused by failure to keep the property in good repair or to take warning measures.
- Unsafe products- Our firm brings products liability suits in behalf of clients injured or made ill by dangerous products, from household goods to power equipment to defective medical devices.
- Maritime accidents-From oil rig workers hurt on the job to victims of recreational boating accidents, Mr. Mestayer help clients pursue admiralty law compensation claims.
- Unsafe work conditions- Occupational accidents or illnesses can be the basis of workers' compensation and Social Security Disability claims as well as negligence claims against third parties.
The facts of every case are different but they often share one commonality: the injured person is up against powerful insurance companies and their defense counsel. Through extensive civil litigation experience, knowledge about insurance company tactics and skills at settlement negotiations, Michael J. Mestayer strives to obtain the best possible recovery for his clients.
Our legal team employs a practical, professional approach to help clients obtain full and fair recovery for their losses, including damages for their:
- Past and future medical bills
- Lost income
- Emotional distress
- Pain and suffering
Mr. Mestayer consults with knowledgeable experts to assist in case preparation, including physicians, trauma doctors, pharmacists, chiropractors, forensics engineers, mechanics and accident reconstruction analysts. Building strong expert testimony provides leverage during negotiations and at trial.
Talk to our Louisiana personal injury attorney during a free initial consultation.
Michael J. Mestayer, a Professional Legal Corporation is located in New Orleans and litigates for plaintiffs in personal injury cases throughout Louisiana and the Gulf Region. If you've been injured due to someone else's negligence, you have only one year to file a claim, so do not hesitate to ask us for a claim evaluation. Call 800-526-1850 or contact us online to arrange a free initial consultation.